Well, this brief guide on how to prepare prior for pest control will help.
Focus on the three: Reduce Food Sources, Water Sources & Pest Harbourages.
1. Clean the home prior to the pest control visit, and maintain the home as neatly as possible afterwards for long-term results. This helps to eliminate competing food sources for the insects.
2. Remove obstacles so that the technician can access.
2A. Ensure that the technician has free and full access to anywhere that insects have been seen (and anywhere specified by the technician).
3. Cover and store any open food. Suggest to look at storing food in sealed containers.
4. Store and/or cover baby toys, supplies, crib mattress, changing table, etc.
5. Mop/scrub kitchen and other hard floors and woodwork with detergent. Thoroughly vacuum carpeted floors.
6. Always keep garbage in closed containers and take out the garbage every night.
7. Remove items from the top of the refrigerator. Just prior to service, move any appliances away from the wall, and clean behind and beneath them enabling technician full access to inspect and treat also remove items below kitchen sink. Common pest harbourages. Ensure skirting boards are clean and accessible.
8. Discard all excess paper products, and any other unused piles or trash, as these will provide harbourage areas for pests.
9. Homeowners should repair any water leaks immediately upon detection; apartment residents should report the leak to maintenance immediately upon detection.
10. If anyone in the home has special allergy problems, is pregnant, or is under the age of one, the technician should be informed prior to start of service and precautions will need to be taken.
11. People and pets should stay out of the area being serviced for the length of time specified by the technician.
12. Mow lawns and trim edges targeting especially around house and fence perimeters.
13. Remove obstacles around house perimeters and fence lines.
14. Remove washing from line prior to service & Kids play equipment placed away from treatment areas. (Natural pest control options available)
15. Pets isolated from treatment zones and remove food and water bowls.
16. Inform neighbours in advance.
17. Spider treatments do not remove webs before external treatment, however vacuum spider webs internal and target window seals removing dead insects, check flyscreens.
18. Entertainment areas external subject to water restrictions clean general areas prior to treatments removing food sources.
18a. Tahmoor pest control technicians will adhere to work method statements– Risk assessments and insurance protocols prior to service.
If you have managed to follow as many of the steps as possible to prepare for pest control than you have helped immeasurably and increased the effectiveness of your pest control treatment.